Mushroom and Pesto Pizza
Fats Approved: Fat 88% Carbs 3%
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ¾ cup Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Ground Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Green Pesto
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ cup Sour Cream or Crème Fraîche
- ¾ cup Shredded Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2. FOR THE CRUST: Whisk together eggs and mayonnaise. Add remaining ingredients for the crust and combine well. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- 3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Oil a spatula or rolling pin (it will help with spreading the batter). Start to spread batter on a baking sheet. It shouldn’t be thicker than ½ inch.
- 4. Bake for 10 minutes. The crust should be a light golden brown. Be careful not to overcook it. Remove from oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Turn crust out onto a rack or cutting board and remove parchment paper.
- 5. FOR THE TOPPING: Cut the mushrooms in thin slices and mix with pesto and olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and combine well.
- 6. Spread a layer of sour cream (or crème fraiche) on the crust. Top with cheese and the mushroom mixture.
- 7. Place pizza back onto baking sheet (with parchment paper) and return to the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Be careful that the edges don’t get burned.
- 8. Serve with a fresh salad.
Tip: You can also add sautéed onions and broccoli for more variety and taste. You can also make smaller pizza portions that are great for snacks.