Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf with Gravy
Fats Approved: Fat 79% Carbs 2%
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ lbs Ground Beef
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Shredded Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano or Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ lb Bacon (7-8 slices)
- 1¼ cups Heavy Whipping Cream, for the gravy
- ½ tbsp tamari soy sauce (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2. In a medium pan cook onion until soft but not browned.
- 3. Mix the ground beef in a bowl. Add all other ingredients, except the bacon. Mix well but don’t overmix because it can make too dense.
- 4. Form into a loaf and place in a baking dish. Wrap the loaf in bacon one slice at a time.
- 5. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 45 minutes. If the bacon begins to overcook before the meat is done, cover with aluminum foil and lower the heat a bit.
- 6. Carefully remove loaf from baking dish and set aside. Save the juices that have accumulated in the baking dish and use to make the gravy.
- 7. In a smaller sauce pan mix the juices and the heavy cream and bring to a boil and lower the heat and let simmer for 10–15 minutes until it has the right consistency. If you want, use a little tamari soy sauce to taste.
- 8. Serve with freshly boiled broccoli or cauliflower with butter, salt and pepper.
Tip: You can also use ground lamb or ground pork in place of the ground beef.