Saucy Zucchini Boats with Goat Cheese
Fats Approved: Fat 81% Carbs 3%
- 1 Zucchini, medium
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ cup Baby spinach
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Marinara Sauce, unsweetened
- 8 oz Goat Cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2. Slice the zucchini in half length-wise and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds (don’t throw them away). Put the zucchini boats on a baking sheet.
- 3. Peel the garlic cloves and slice thinly. Fry the garlic in about half of the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until it gets a little bit browned. Add the baby spinach and zucchini seeds. Fry until soft. Season with a pinch of salt and ground black pepper.
- 4. Spread out the marinara sauce over the zucchini boats and top with the fried baby spinach and garlic. Sprinkle the goat cheese on top.
- 5. Bake for about 20–25 minutes or until the zucchini is tender and the cheese is golden.
- 6. Drizzle the zucchini boats with the rest of the olive oil and season with some freshly ground black pepper before serving.
Tip: You can replace goat cheese with cream cheese or any other high fat cheese. Also if you don’t have garlic cloves you can replace 1 clove with 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.