Fats Approved: Fat 82% Carbs 5%
- 8-10 Mini Bell Peppers, about 2 per serving
- ½ tsp Chorizo Powder
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme or Fresh Cilantro
- 1 pkg Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 ½ tbsp Mild Green Chilis, canned
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash and split the bell peppers lengthwise and remove the core.
- 2. Chop the chorizo and the herbs finely.
- 3 Mix together cheese, spices and oil in a small bowl. Add the chorizo and herbs. Stir until smooth.
- 4. Add the mixture to the bell peppers and place in a greased baking dish.
- 5. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Tip: Mini bell peppers have a very nice sweetness to them and taste great on their own or with your favorite dip. You can also replace Chorizo Powder with 1 oz Air Dried Chorizo (thinly sliced) and/or replace Mild Green Chilis with ½ – 1 tbsp Mild Chipotle Paste.