Spinach Egg Salad with Bacon Fat Dressing
Fats Approved: Fat 92% Carbs 1%
- 6 cups Fresh Spinach
- 2 Eggs (hard-boiled), chopped
- 2 oz Bacon, chopped
- ⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- ½ cup Bacon Fat
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- 1. Clean spinach and dry leaves good. Remove ends. Place evenly among 4 plates.
- 2. Top each plate with eggs and bacon evenly then sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- 3. In a small saucepan over medium heat melt bacon fat. Add in the apple cider vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper whisk until well combined. Serve warm and mix just before pouring.
- 4. Just before adding the bacon fat vinaigrette to the salad mix again and serve immediately.
Tip: Make the bacon fat dressing ahead time and keep in fridge for 1-2 weeks. Warm before serving.