Crockpot Clam Chowder
Fats Approved: Fat 70% Carbs 5%
- 14 Slices Bacon, thick cut
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 2 – 3 cans Baby Clams, whole (w/juice)
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Ground Thyme
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1. In a medium pan over medium heat fry bacon until crispy and save the bacon grease in the pan. Set bacon on papers to drain then crumble it.
- 2. Place onion and celery in pan with bacon grease and cook until soft.
- 3. Once the onion and celery are soft pour all of it including bacon grease into crockpot along with the bacon crumbles.
- 4. Add rest of the ingredients to the crockpot and mix well.
- 5. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on High for 2-3 hours.
Tip: Serve with a salad and keto dressing like Ranch, Blue Cheese, Mayo or Oil & Vinegar.