Crockpot Beef Short Ribs
Fats Approved: Fat 77% Carbs 3%
- 4 lbs Beef Short Ribs boneless or bone in, cut crosswise
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 1½ cup Onion, chopped
- 3 Celery Sticks, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 1. Heat the 2 tbls of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season one side of your short ribs generously with salt and pepper.
- 2. Place half of the ribs, seasoned side down onto the hot skillet and brown. Season the top of the ribs in the skillet with salt and pepper. Flip once the bottom is browned. Remove and set aside. Add 2 tbls more of oil and brown the rest of the meat.
- 3. Place short ribs into crock pot.
- 4. To the same skillet add your remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Pour this over the ribs in the crock pot.
- 5. Cover and cook on high 4-6 hours or low 8-10 hours.