Fats Approved: Fat 79% Carbs 1%
- 6 Chicken Thighs w/skin, bone-in
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil, for browning
- ½ bag Pearl Onions, frozen
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Onion, finely chopped
- 2 gloves Garlic, minced
- 8 oz Mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ⅛ tsp Thyme, ground
- 2 cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt butter then add onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant about 3 minutes.
- 2. Add mushrooms and continue sautéing for 5 minutes. Add salt, pepper and thyme and sauté for 2 minutes more.
- 3. Add bone broth and heavy cream and bring to a light simmer. Add cream cheese and whisk until well blended.
- 4. Add xanthan gum to thicken the soup. Only use a little bit at a time.
- 5. Simmer for 10-15 more minutes to combine flavors well.
- 6. While the soup is cooking heat up oil in a separate large pan over medium to high heat and brown the chicken thighs for about 5 minutes per side just until they are browned not burnt.
- 7. Place chicken thighs in crockpot then add pearl onions over the chicken.
- 8. Pour mushroom soup of the top. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
Tip: Adding pearl onions to this recipe really makes it even more delicious. You can also just saute the pearl onions with the soup mixture and take out the ¼ cup of minced onions. This dish goes great with cauliflower mash and use the soup mixture as gravy. Recipe by Kristine Sukel