Fats Approved: Fat 83% Carbs 2%
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- 4 tbsp Coconut Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1½ cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 1 Egg
- 2 oz. Green Pesto
- 1 Egg, for brushing the top of the bread twists
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- 2. Melt the butter and the cheese together in a pot on low heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth then add egg and stir well.
- 3. Add the dry ingredients and mix together into a firm dough.
- 4. Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin and make a rectangle, about ⅕ inch thick.
- 5. Remove the upper piece of parchment paper. Spread pesto on top and cut into 1-inch strips. Twist them and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush twists with the whisked egg.
- 5. Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes until they’re golden brown.
Tip: Other spices you can use instead of pesto are chili powder, cumin, curry, paprika or any kind of herbs like thyme, basil or oregano. Parmesan is a nice substitute instead of mozzarella.