Fats Approved: Fat 84% Carbs 3%
- 1¼ cups Almond Flour
- 5 tbsp Psyllium Husk Powder, ground
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1¼ cups Water, boiling
- 3 Egg whites
- Parmesan topping
- 6 tbsp Butter, softened
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Put parchment paper on baking sheet(s).
- 2. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then add boiling water, vinegar and egg whites to the dry ingredients while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. The consistency of the dough should be somewhat firm. Don’t overmix.
- 3. With moist hands form into 8 flat pieces. Place on baking sheet with some room between each one (you may need two baking sheets) they will get double their size.
- 4. Place baking sheets on lower rack and bake for about 40 mins. Let cool.
- 5. Split the bread pieces lengthwise and place both halves face up on a sheet pan.
- 6. Mix together the butter and parmesan cheese and spread on the halved bread pieces evenly.
- 7. Raise the oven temperature to 450°F or switch oven to a high broil. Place bread pieces back in the oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure you keep a close eye on them to avoid burning the parmesan topping.
- 8. Break into smaller pieces and add to a salad or eat as a snack. Great for Caesar Salad!!
Tip: Recipe is challenging! Psyllium Husk Powder can have a stronger taste so you can use less if you want. You may to make a couple times to get the right flavor. You can freeze this bread for future uses like soups, salads or snacks.