PORK CHOPS WITH BLUE CHEESE SAUCE
Fats Approved: Fat 70% Carbs 2%
- 4 Pork Chops
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup +2 tbsp Blue Cheese
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1. In a small pot crumble the cheese and melt slowly over medium heat. You may want to lower the heat to a simmer, so it melts gently. Don’t burn.
- 2. When the cheese has melted, add heavy cream and increase the heat a little. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- 3. Season the chops with salt and pepper.
- 4. In a skillet on medium high heat cook pork chops for 5 minutes then flip and cook for another 5 minutes (depending of thickness of chops you may need to cook longer). Internal temperature should be 145°-160°F. Set aside and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 5. Pour the pan juices into the cheese sauce. Stir and heat it up again.
Tip: Different kinds of meat go great with this recipe like beef, chicken or lamb. Serve with a vegetable like green beans, broccoli, zucchini or brussels sprouts.