Fats Approved: Fat 93% Carbs 3%
- 1 stick Butter
- 2 Shallots, finely chopped
- 4 slices Bacon
- 1 tbsp Fresh Basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Tomato Paste
- 1. Cut the bacon into small pieces and peel and finely chop the shallots.
- 2. In a medium pan over medium heat melt 1 tbsp of butter and cook shallots and bacon for about 7 minutes.
- 3. Let cool and combine with the rest of the butter, tomato paste and finely chopped basil.
- 4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Form the butter into a roll and wrap in parchment. If you don’t have parchment paper, then store it in a small bowl. Put in refrigerator for 30 minutes so that the flavors come together, and it hardens a little.
Tip: Make extra and store in container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or you can freeze it too.