FATS APPROVED MEAL - 77% Fat 3% Carbs. See Calculation: Total Calories = 619; Total Fat = 52 grams x 9 calories = 468 calories, 468/619 total calories = 77% Fat; Total Net Carbs = 5 grams x 4 calories = 20 calories, 20/619 total calories = 3% Carbs.
- 3 sausage links
- 1 tbsp white onion (finely diced)
- 4 oz. mushrooms
- ½ cup vodka sauce
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Start off setting a cast iron skillet to heat up over a medium flame. When it's almost smoking, cook your sausage links until they're almost thoroughly cooked.
- While they're cooking, slice your mushrooms and onion.
- When the sausages are almost done, take them out of the skillet. Add olive oil and throw in your onions and mushrooms for them to brown up a bit.
- Cut your sausages into rounds about 1/2 inch in thickness and then add them back to the skillet. Season your sausage and veggie mixture.
- Now pour in your vodka sauce and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine everything.
- Place your skillet into your oven and let it cook for about 15 minutes. Once it's almost done, quickly sprinkle your mozzarella cheese so that it will melt over the top of the whole thing.
- You can eat the whole thing right out of the skillet like we did, but be careful because the skillet will remain hot for quite some time. Otherwise, use a large soup spoon or a wide spatula to divide the skillet into two helpings and enjoy with a friend!