FATS APPROVED - 90% Fat 3% Carbs. See Calculation: Total Calories = 410; Total Fat = 41 grams x 9 calories = 369 calories, 369/410 total calories = 90% Fat; Total Net Carbs = 3 grams x 4 calories = 12 calories, 12/410 total calories = 3% Carbs.
- 2 tbsp Butter, room temperature
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 ½ cups Parmesan Cheese, freshly shredded
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Gently melt the butter and cream cheese together in a small pot over low heat, whisking to combine then add garlic.
- Add 1/4 cup of the heavy cream, turn heat up to medium low, and stir until combined and hot. Add 1/4 of the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Alternate adding the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese in the same fashion until all is incorporated.
- Separate one egg and beat the yolk. When the sauce is hot and bubbling lazily, add the egg yolk while whisking. Turn heat a little lower and continue whisking until the sauce coats the back of a spoon about 1-2 minutes more. Adjust seasonings. Thickens as it cools!
*Makes 1½ cups
Additional Flavor ideas: Lemon Zest, Parsley, Basil, Shallot, White Wine, Dry Sherry, Truffle Oil, Thyme, Tarragon