FATS APPROVED MEAL - 70% Fat 4% Carbs. See Calculation: Total Calories = 698; Total Fat = 54 grams x 9 calories = 486 calories, 486/698 total calories = 70% Fat; Total Net Carbs = 7 grams x 4 calories = 28 calories, 28/698 total calories = 4% Carbs.
- Meatballs (about 20-24):
- 1.5 lb Ground Beef, 80/20
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 4 oz Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Egg, large (beaten)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil, +plus oil for frying
- 1 Shallot, finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, grated
- ½ tsp Fine Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Back Pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped (garnish)
- 4 cups Tomato Sauce
- Zucchini Noodles:
- 2 Zucchinis, medium
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- While sauce is simmering start making meatballs. Place all ingredients except parsley in a medium-size bowl and mix thoroughly by hand until completely combined and mixture is uniformly firm.
- Coat your hands in olive oil, and form balls slightly bigger than a golf ball. Continue
- coating hands as needed.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp of olive oil in skillet over medium heat and brown meatballs on all sides.
- Once sauce is done add meatballs and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Zucchini Noodles:
- Cut lengthwise slice from zucchini using a vegetable peeler, stopping when the seeds are reached. Turning zucchini over and continue peeling until zucchini is in long strips; discards seeds. Slice the zucchini into thinner strips resembling spaghetti (tip: stack the zucchini slices then slice thinner like spaghetti).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir zucchini in the hot oil for 1 minute. Add water and cook until zucchini is softened, 5 minutes (tip: be careful with water, if it seems watery don’t add any water). Season with salt and pepper.
- Tip: Spiral slicer for the zucchini is very helpful and inexpensive. Nutritional info for sauce is calculated 1/4 cup per serving.
Yield Sauce: 1/4 cup per serving