FATS APPROVED MEAL - 75% Fat 5% Carbs. See Calculation: Total Calories = 504; Total Fat = 42 grams x 9 calories = 378 calories, 378/504 total calories = 75% Fat; Total Net Carbs = 6 grams x 4 calories = 24 calories, 24/504 total calories = 5% Carbs.
- 12 oz Brussels Sprouts
- 6 Thick-sliced Bacon
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1 ½ tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Butter (grass-fed)
- 3 Large Eggs
- ½ cup Shredded Cheese
- Kosher Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 1. Thinly slice brussels sprouts. Set aside. In a medium to large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon or pancetta until crisp. Remove from pan.
- 2. Add the garlic and shallots to bacon grease and cook for 30 seconds before adding in the brussels sprouts. Stir in the apple cider vinegar. Sauté for 5 minutes until sprouts are tender. Add the bacon back in, and stir to combine and cook until sprouts start to brown on the edges, another 3-5 minutes.
- 3. a slight well in the center of the pan. Add the butter if desired. Crack the eggs directly in the center and cook until the eggs are cooked through as desired. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Variation: substitute brussels sprouts with zucchini